Fall off the Bone Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Chili Sauce
There aren’t very many recipes that can boast “2 ingredients” and taste better than fall off the bone baby back ribs smothered in sweet, sticky Thai chili sauce, which by the way, isn’t really all that spicy despite the name.
- 5 lbs. Baby Rack Ribs (feeds about 4 people)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
Step by Step Directions:
- Set over to 275F.
- Turn the rib over to the underside — see that layer of white membrane covering the ribs? You’ll want to remove that – it’s tough and stringy.
- Take a butter knife, wedge it just underneath the membrane to loosen.
- Place all the ribs in a roasting pan, it doesn’t matter if they overlap. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cover with double-thickness of tin foil. Bake at 275F for 4 hours- 4 1/2.
- After 4-ish hours, they’ll look like this:
8. Brush on the sweet chili sauce all over the ribs.
9. Now move your oven rack to the top 1/3 of the oven and broil for 5 minutes. 10. Keep a good watch on ‘em! Don’t let them burn.
11. And that’s it! Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Chili Sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 275F. On the underside of the rib, remove the thin membrane and discard. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place the ribs in a roasting pan, cover with double thickness of tin foil.
3. Roast for 4 hours or so. Discard foil. Use a wide, flat spatula to carefully lift the ribs onto a baking sheet. Spread the sweet chili sauce generously over the ribs.
4. Place oven rack near the top of the oven. Turn broiler on and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes, or until the sweet chili sauce begins to caramelize. Make sure you don’t burn the sauce, so keep a close eye on the ribs.